Monday, March 24, 2014

A fun weekend, but no baby yet!

We had a low-key and fun weekend, and there were times when I drove myself crazy thinking the baby could come any minute...but overall I am thinking it will still be the end of this week (who knows, though?!). I also drove myself crazy on Sunday morning because I couldn't feel the baby moving and couldn't get him or her to move for me. Turns out s/he was just resting, maybe...I have felt movement a lot since then, so I am less worried now. haha.

So for now, this little one is still my "baby".

Rocking Daddy's sweat pants and dirty t-shirt over her nice outfit this weekend


We went to a housewarming party on Friday night and brought Molly with us...she had a fun time even though it was past her bedtime and I think she expected more kids to be there ;). She enjoyed torturing our friends' cat, who made her laugh because he was wearing a shirt (pretty funny, really). On Saturday morning, we all "slept in" until about 8 am, which was glorious. We hit up Costco and Walmart for last minute baby-prep supplies and a new pillow for Brian because he tested mine out last week and loves it (of course). The rest of the day was spent cleaning, visiting with some St. FX friends who were in town with their 2 year old son, and relaxing. We watched the hockey game on Saturday night and I went to bed early-ish.

Sunday we woke up to some icy snow on the ground!! What happened to spring?! We ran some errands in the morning and stocked up on some groceries, and then I convinced Molly to watch Frozen with me (finally). I had it all planned...mommy/daughter time while Daddy was at baseball spring training, and she asked me about 40 times during the movie if she could watch Bubble Guppies instead, so I wouldn't say it was a total success, but I did get to see the ending and I loved it all. Molly really liked Olaf the snowman and I think if he had been in it more, she might have been able to pay attention a bit better ;). She was pretty excited about having popcorn too!

We had some of my family over for supper, and then Brian and I played Rummikub a few times last night after Molly went to bed and we both went to bed early. This is my last week of work, and I am hopeful that I'll make it to the end, but it's really hard to say! I am getting my hair cut & coloured & styled tomorrow night because I am thinking I might not get a chance for a month or two post-baby. I can't wait!!

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. This is why I'm not ready to be a mom; because when you're a mom, sleeping till 8am means sleeping in. Sigh. But, I'm happy for you!! And I can't wait to read about when baby is born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting so anxious!!! Has this pregnancy flown or dragged compared to when you were pregnant with Molly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're expecting the baby by the end of the week!!??!?!!! When are you due again? I thought you had a few weeks yet. I must not be paying much attention.

    Hey, quick question; does Molly go to daycare? If so, how did she adjust to it when you first sent her? I'm concerned for Alina right now. She's not doing so great.. and I'm a wee bit worried. It is Tuesday and that is Tot Talks, right!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to hear the baby news...any time now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I'd love to hear what you think of this post!